View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 01:24 AM   #29
dac2828

Trader Rating: (0)
dac2828 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
It's getting increasingly difficult to justify putting loads of time and money into these aging cars. At some point soon, it will be more cost effective to buy a new FR-S, instead of buying an older 240 then replacing all the weather-stripping, bushings, and paint. Good luck even finding some of those parts anymore.

The more vocal of these forum members are older, ill-tempered, geezers who have zero patience for the young squirts with no money and no experience. Bashing is becoming much more prominent than helpful advice. New ideas are illegal. Hell, any creativity at all will be quickly squashed.

The 'car people' are a dying breed. Teenagers nowadays want a prius/accord/sentra/corolla. They don't understand why someone would dump lots of time and money into a simple transportation device.
I believe the car culture niche and all of it is bigger today in our country than it ever has been. You may be right thou that teenagers are becoming less into the adrenalin thing and extreme sports and so on but... idk. I talked with a local book store owner the other day in a college town in PA. He's been in business for 39 years... he told me college kids would NEVER come in... and over the last 5 years now it's only college kids. He sells books for like a $1... it's a small town where he is. So it could be possible that car modifying for young kids is dying... but... why are all the other forums growing?
dac2828 is offline   Reply With Quote