View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #1
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
KA24DET stock block reliability at 350-400wtq.

Here's my situation: I have 4 KA24DE engines available to me, all of them stock. I'm looking for an engine setup to run for the last half of this year and probably all of next in as many drift events that I can enter, probably around 10 per season, as well as a few autocrosses and road course days in between.

I can either turbocharge the KA, or swap to a 5.3 LS. To keep costs below the LS swap, buying internals for the KA is out of the question. A refresh is all that is cost effective (ARP studs and a Cosworth HG). I'm not easy on engines, the soft limiter is my friend. It would however, be very well tuned on Nismotronics, E85, and running a twin-scroll 57mm turbo. 400ft/lbs of torque is the goal.

Who has a stock block KA that has been reliable under these conditions? Anyone? I think it'd be fun to run the KA until I can perfect my LS swap, but if it's not worth it, then so be it.

Let's stick to technical talk guys, I don't care to turn this into a LS-swap debate.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links