View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 03:37 PM   #22
Nick@Fortune-Auto
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Nick@Fortune-Auto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Spool View Post
I fell like that's mainly due to the demographic of S2k drivers. They typically skew older, a generation that doesn't rely on Facebook the way most of the generation of 240 drivers use it. I think that's pretty apparent by the ages of people I'm noticing are beginning to post more regularly here. Without doing any research into it anyway, it seems to me that there are more people breaching 30 that are posting nowadays compared to the majority of teenagers that actually own these cars anymore.

I really do think that it comes down to the people who are driving 240's and Z-cars these days are mostly kids that don't have the need/desire/patience/attention span to utilize a message board.
I agree, its all demographics. The average S-chassis owner is on the younger end of the spectrum. Younger= more use of IG and Facebook and less time on forums.

We have 3 guys in our marketing department and we noticed this trend for the past 3 years now. Nicer more expensive cars like lets say the FRS are a completely different demographic then the S-chassis and are more likely to spend more time on forums then social media for car related activities.

I will say that the s-chassis market is not dying. We have sold more s-chassis coilovers this year then ever before.

WEBSITE / BLOG / PRODUCTS
BESPOKE SUSPENSION SOLUTIONS
Nick@Fortune-Auto is offline   Reply With Quote