View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 10:34 PM   #706
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
2 Questions:

1. My wheels came in and I got a little excited and went to autozone and got their spline drive socket set (for the 12 point bolts). The first wheel I tried to remove the bolts on, (35 hole faces) I got every one off until the last one which I stripped.

What can I use to remove the stripped bolt? I'm gonna hit up the local hardware store or see if they have an extractor of some sort. Thing is, most of the extractors I see are meant for bigger bolts than a little 8mm. Just seeing if someone could link me to a good extractor.

I know it's my fault for using the shittttty ass autozone socket set. I got excited.

2. This seems like a stupid question, but what are you guys who have actually taken apart wheels using for a 12 point socket? I'm not going to cheap out and get a nice one this time, any suggestions (seen a couple other people on this page asking the same question.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....roup_ID=674833

Was thinking about giving this Snap-On 8mm 12 point a shot, just cause it's snap-on. Would a deep 8mm be better?

Thanks

These have a long road ahead of them.
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote