View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 06:13 AM   #26
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
How many of those are new 240 owners? I'm willing to bet a large portion of them are existing 240 owners ditching their blown Teins with a new set of Fortunes. Fortune seems the be one of the few coilover brands that still attempt at marketing. Jap labels like Tein, Cusco, and HKS really don't market their products towards S chassis anymore.
If you don't know these products exist for a 240 at this point, then it is highly unlikely that you are going to buy them anyway.

You can thank the EMUS, Raceland, Megan, insert ebay brand here for that as well. Who wants to even try and compete when your price point is double the ebay junk and "just as good for the money"...

These brands are marketing to FRS/BRZs and Genesis coupes now. their buyers are a little older, have the credit to buy a new(er) car, and aren't "ratchet" spec in most cases as the ones modding them are also daily driving them and care if their parts last more than 6 months.

I remember when Tein was a big player and big name, but honestly I don't even hear them talked about in my almost 30 generation anymore. The BC products I have used killed the Teins I have had, and I feel like cusco tried even less to get into the US market place. Least Tein was advertising in Super street and other tuner mags, plus they were doing Hot import nights back in the day... I don't think Cusco went even that far, less I just don't remember.

I don't see many new products for the S chassis anymore period, less it is Chinese replicas. Most everything has been done, less you feel like creating it yourself. The China thing may play a part as well about that as who wants to make anything if it is just going to get ripped off anyway.

I think the lack of nice and clean ones for reasonable prices and the large selection of other platforms with more to offer at similar price points is really what is sending the 240 to s12 land.