View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #18
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Has anyone ever used generic brand drungs vs name brand? Do you buy VOSS water or whatever is cheapest generic safeway/walmart brand? what is so different about wheels?

There is only so many ways that you can make a wheel. There is only one way to equally line up 6 spokes, or 6 sets of spokes.

You wouldn't wear a tux to go to dinner at taco bell, why would you drive on GramLight wheels daily in the rain and construction zones when you can get the same thing but cheaper?

Times are changing and niches are being found.
That was probably the dumbest thing i've ever read.

There are millions of ways to make a wheel, and reputable companies are constantly producing new original designs. There is absolutely no reason to directly knock off an original design. Companies like whoredoven are lazy fucks that are just looking to make a buck. No passion, no originality, and no contributions to the growth of the culture.

Drugs and water are not designs, they are formulas. You don't buy drugs and water to marvel at them (that's leaving out the function aspect obviously). I don't think many of us care about the water industry enough to support the innovators, however most of us care a lot about American car/drift culture. You can't compare it to something you're not passionate about to some degree.

You wouldn't want to wear a shirt that says i'm a piece of shit to taco bell either.

Knock off wheel companies didn't find a niche market, they created one. People would save their money for the original versions if knock off wheel companies didn't exist.

Last edited by bigs; 01-09-2015 at 09:36 PM..