Old 01-26-2015, 07:59 PM   #1
theultimatehero
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
theultimatehero is an unknown quantity at this point
Complete Long block s14 KA24DE NEEDS REBUILD

ENGINE IS GONE

Hello folks,

I purchased this engine a few months back with the intention to tear it down and have it machined and rebuilt. I started to tear it down and eventually decided it wasn't the way I wanted to go. I can't afford to have it rebuilt correctly so I need to get rid of this thing. I will be scrapping it if no one is interested in it. I just hope someone wants to save it or could use the parts somehow, rather than have it get melted down.

Here is what I know: The engine blew a coolant line and ran without cooling until it completely stopped. Then it was pulled out and sold to me. It seems to have aftermarket pistons in it, but I haven't taken them out to look. Everything else is OEM. The top end is completely disassembled and I have it all in a plastic container. It looked pretty good, but I am willing to bet the head is warped. The block is full of rust and cylinder 2 and 3 obviously need to be honed, if not bored. I believe some parts in the timing area were broken because I found shrapnel in the oil pan. I never got the crank pulley off so I haven't looked under the timing cover yet.

Again all parts for a complete long block would be included, but they are not guaranteed to be good. I would be willing to part. For now i am looking to sell to best offer. I would rather someone gets use out of it than to scrap it.

As it sits:

Few of the tear down:

Last edited by theultimatehero; 01-29-2015 at 07:14 AM..
theultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links