View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 02:53 PM   #131
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
I got some more work done this weekend.

I feel stupid because I didnt take pictures of the majority of the work..

As the bumper was already off I decided that in order to save my time in the near future that I would go ahead and flatten that metal lip behind the fenders and tuck the wire harness in the driver side wheel well. I was having issues before when trying to roll my fenders; the roller would get stuck on that metal lip.

So we got the fenders off and my friend and I each beat up a side. A normal hammer sucked for the job. I had purchased a 4lb rubber mallet that worked a little better but not by much. We ended up using some 2x4's resting ontop of our knees and placed against the metal lip and hit those with the hammers.

At the end, in order to bend that corner piece thats closer toward the firewall, I ended up grabbing vice grips for the job and it worked fantastically. In hind sight, I should have used the vice grips on the metal lips first and then flattened them with the hammers. Just an FYI to anyone looking to do the same. But yeah, no pictures of any of that.

Since we had the fenders off, I wanted to get a look at how the s15 fenders line up. They actually just about fit perfectly. I was under the impression that everything was way off and that the shape where they meet the door is way different -- not so. If you were to cut about an inch off of the bottom of the fender, closest to the door, it would basically line up with all of the bolt holes. The only difference is where it meets the A-Pillar, there isnt anything there whereas the s14 fenders have material that goes up a bit higher.

My friend almost convinced me to chop them up and just look into getting a small piece fabricated to fill in the gap by the a-pillar lol.

Anyways, I got my radiator mounted. I'll need to cut a few ribs off of the silicone outlet hose as its about 1-2" too long. The inlet hose fits perfect though. Also need clamps for them.

Also got the e-fans set in there but not bolted up. Was pretty worn out at that point and called it.

Almost forgot, I had to chop up the bumper retainer piece that bolts onto the bumper support. No pictures of that either. I wasnt able to get things to fit so I basically cut off the left and right portions and bolted them up to make it work. Afterwards I realized that was a mistake as now the grille has nothing to mount to, haha
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote