View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 09:23 AM   #14
DKnissanman
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
DKnissanman is an unknown quantity at this point
ill add on to this aswell since i just got done with the whole swap!

heres what i used:

trans- got from lswans garage and is a late soarer trans.
*MAKE SURE YOU GET SHIFTER IF ITS 2ND GEN SOARER R154 BECAUSE THEY ARE EXTINCT. i had to search 3 months until i found a remote r154 shifter in new Zealand.

clutch line from enjuku

gear oil- redline

rad- KA VS SR. IF YOU go ka then you have to cut waterneck some.

if you go sr (i did) then you have to make a custom hose due to length or just have a welder change the neck for the radiator over.

fans- just went with two 12 inch i believe ebay fans and they barely fit (one is unlevel since i didnt want hitting the pulley.

drive shaft- shaft masters aswell and fits perfect

MOTOR- 1JZGTE VVTI chaser from lswans garage.
Harness is shorter on these so expect a bit more pay when getting harness done from someone experienced since they must be extended quite abit.

fuel lines- just got some rubber hose from sjop in town along with all my bolts and stuff.

IMPORTANT ** throttle body may have to be cut to fit ic coupler as it was for me, which is ok. (in picture cut black and weld the pink together)

heater hoses- you will have to get creative. GOOD LUCK getting the back one (behind the head) off as mine has to have been on there for 20 years it seems.

downpipe- i got a cx racing one off my buddy and it fits good.

as far as new parts

i ordered a gasket kit from champion toyota in texas (researched) and was the cheapest as it was about 300 i think. YOU WILL NEED PART NUMBER

and then i got a water pump, new timing stuff, and obviously gaskets and seals.

mounts- ebay mounts...they fit ok but we had to dill new holes as the ones made were stupid.

***trans mount wont work with regular r154 2nd gen mount. YOU MUST get the 1jzgte mark 3 supra r154 mount to work.

1jzgte engine mounts- mine sucked....they broke midway on transfer so i had to use hockey pucks...buy good ones.

harness- i searched and searched and went with justin collins over at qfab...and so far its been ok. i got the harness back and havent got it diagnosed but it wont start so as soon as i get that figured out then ill decide how it went.

ILL ADD AS I GO.

engine rubber mounts broke in this pic

DKnissanman is offline   Reply With Quote