View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 02:17 PM   #24
JSimpson
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
JSimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahlorm View Post
Maf is in the same location it has been since it was stock. It doesn't have an air filter on it right now though. And it goes this at idle and under load. But the tune does have a 5k rpm launch control. My cheap tachometer could easily be off 500 rpm. To test it now I have jacked the car up and tried revving it in gear since the snow prevents me from being able to take it out of the garage. My fpr is also stock so it's not adjustable.
Take off the launch control for the tune, worthless at 5k anyway. Also keep in mind it is damn cold up here, a lot of SRs do this when its this cold when the tunes aren't exactly right. Launch control on that small of a turbo is worthless. Plus if you are going to drag the car you need to set the 2step at least 7kRPM if not redline. These cars DO NOT need the OEM cluster in the car to run and drive fine, I've driven at least 2 mostly stock cars with the gauge cluster sitting on the workbench and had no issues. The correct plug is a 7, With that small of a turbo you aren't going to have blowout at .025, that should be fine.
JSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote