View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 01:56 PM   #424
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkacale View Post
wow....just wow

i want to say awesome thread i just read it start to finish. you were really ahead of the time when you started this. definitely unique.

i have had a vert sitting in my garage for quite some time that i been meaning to do something with and in january i decided to do a 2jz gte vvti auto single turbo. i been piecing it together slowly and posted on Facebook what i am doing. thats how i came across your thread. someone had seen it and shared.

can you bless me with some insight about the driveshaft you ended getting and how the silvia diff holds up
Thank you! Yes back when we first started the build there was hardly any JZ Swapped S13s/S14s and even fewer with the aristo auto.

As far as driveshaft i can't give you a whole lot of information as it was one that Tech2 (Same place i got the motor mounts from) had built for me. They put a spare aristo trans in their car to make up the measurements to have the driveshaft built. I believe Tech2 used driveline service out of Redding, CA so maybe it's worth a call to see if they offer one? or have the dimensions still. Or even give Tech2 a call if they are still open. So far the Silvia diff is working out just fine, i must say i'm not the biggest fan of the factory (4.08) gear ratio that's in it when joined with the auto, just seems to get over worked on the freeway, but it sure goes good from a stop.

I'm going to be helping a buddy do a VVTI 1JZGTE auto swap in his S13 this summer/fall so i'm pretty excited about that.