Thread: Sr20det FAQ
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 11:51 AM   #246
Jibbberish
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jibbberish is an unknown quantity at this point
So I'm thinking about buying a car but I'm a little skeptical about the engine build. It's an s13 blacktop sr20det, and all I know is the following:
-rebuilt with 10.5:1 pistons, unsure if it has new rods.
-Stock fuel system as far as I know except walbaro performance fuel pump.
-Stock cams/valvetrain
-t25 turbo with t28 internals
-stock ecu
-apexi AFC NEO to account for atmospheric BOV.
-Greddy Profec B-spec II boost controller.
-tial 50mm BOV

He says it runs 18-20lbs, but does a t28 even make power at those boost levels? Also, if it has 10.5:1 compression ratio, is it even possible to be running on pump gas with this setup? Shouldn't it be knocking like crazy? In theory, will an sr even run properly with this setup without a standalone? I'm basically just trying to figure out if he's just BSing me about the pistons cause people who buy 240's usually eat that shit up. I kinda hope he is BSing me.

I test drove the car and it ran/drove amazing. Easily the best one I've ever driven. Stupidly, I didn't look down at the boost gauge to see what it was actually pushing so idk if it was on low boost at around 14 or high at around 20 when I drove it. The guy's owned the car since 2008 and has receipts for everything, including the swap. It was bone stock when he bought it and the parts list is legit. Everything was done at shops professionally except this recent rebuild which he said he did himself at school (he's in an engineering program at western). So kinda weird that he doesn't have receipts for the purchase of the rebuild parts, and doesn't seem to know what they are.
Jibbberish is offline   Reply With Quote