View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 05:44 AM   #47
urbanimpakt
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
urbanimpakt is an unknown quantity at this point
FYI you might want a cup of coffe to read this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemyst
I like the exterior on hatchbacks, but the basic interior had be going to the S14's. It's a very high quality setup. Everything is well engineered, high quality and easy to work with (except the PCV valve)....hardly 'econobox'.
I said econobox because of the fact that the other cars during that era (Im now specifically talking about 95-98) that are going for approx 10k have much more to them. Dont get me wrong the 240's had a lot to them w/ all the power options, sunroof, abs, vlsd, etc. But there were plenty of other cars that were coming out that time that had all that stuff (even tho most were FWD). To me tho there was nothing new or revolutionary about them.

Simple idea, Simple, Simple RWD car (im prolly gonna get bashed 4 that statement) in a sense. But thats what drew me to the 240's, its a platform you can build on. But thats what drew me to the 240's, its a platform you can build on. The s14 is considered one of the best drift cars because of its wheelbase and weight displacement. The s13 is up there IMO, and both can be tuned to for autoX. But because they never came w/ more driver enthus. options you haven't seen many in the race car scene until the drift seen hit the shores, or atleast I havent.

Its not an MR2 w/ one of the best suspesions of its time Its not a DSM, turbo AWD. Its not a Audi your luxury sports car. I've seen a 91 MR2 go for the same as a 91 240, a 98 240sx for as much as a GSX (same year), and a 96 240 go for as much as an audi a4 (same year). 6k is to much for a stock s13 and 10k is to much for a stock s14 (even a low mileage 98 is questionable).