View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 01:46 PM   #723
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Gingersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Today I took the time to share with you morons, why the NSX headlights... simply put, do not fit the S13 headlight buckets. Look at the length of the headlight. Look at the width of the headlight. And more importantly, look at the dimensions of the S13 headlight assembly in the photo I have attached.

Assuming the person butchers the S13 headlight assembly, the NSX headlight would not only be unable to be aligned, it would also be unable to raise up and down.

Great job Zilvia. Keep building cars that suck shit, fucking morons.
Hey, Just calm down for a sec.

Who said these are unable to be raised, lowered, and aligned?
Nothing says the person did not make his own brackets off which he can align with. If the housings have to be slotted/notched to fit the much more rectangular NSX light housings, chances are he didn't RTV them in place. Off what i can see in the photo you provided, the NSX lights are anchored at the four corners of the housings. If the person did a good job on cutting the OEM s13 bucket and perhaps making brackets, they could utilize the four mounting points and have the ability to be completely adjustable. Using the OEM NSX adjustment screws, or even the much more ghetto way of using a screw with a nut on either side of the metal. Seems actually not that hard to make these adjustable, just takes some time and planning.

As for raising and lowering, the photo you provided does not show the length of the NSX lights vrs the Length of the s13 buckets. So while you're talking about dimensions, you missed one of the more crucial dims. So assuming they fit inside the bucket, you would only need to tweak either the motor circuitry to adjust either the duration or speed of the motor (effectively only letting the motor raise the bucket to the appropriate height of the NSX light). Or you could get the pivot headlight motor controller... Very popular with the rx7 crowd from what i can tell... So again, not sure whats so difficult here..

This particular car may not have anything of what i have said, but it would not really be too difficult to do it "correctly". The only thing i don't like about the NSX light on the s13 is the width not being the same, which could also be fixed with a quick fiberglass surrounding, or even something 3d printed if they have access to a printer.

Just my 2c.. i like seeing the originality of some people, not saying it is all good, but people trying new things is neat. Some results are surprisingly good at times. Like the honda odyssey front on the s13, probably was shut down before it was actually done, and it looks pretty neat. It is also his car, and he can do what he wants with it, sorta the benefit of having your name on the title of the car. I say if the owner likes it (it may not to be to your taste) more power to him

Last edited by Gingersmurf; 10-20-2015 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: Typos
Gingersmurf is offline   Reply With Quote