View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 04:18 PM   #63
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
This tells me you are out of touch with reality.

First. Your standard of living is 100% based on the amount of resources you consume. Quality of life is directly corollated to energy. We consume some insane amount of global resources - you need a military to do that. Life sucks, get over it.

Education. You are correct. We spend stupid money on it, both pre and post high school.

Want college tuition to become reasonable? End student loans. Universities make upwards of 50% profit. You know what automakers make? Around 6%.

It's amazing tuition keeps going up, so we up the lending limits then tuition goes up again.

If you couldn't borrow $30k a year, you couldn't go to school. If you can't go to school... Then school either goes out of business or lowers its rate.

http://m.daytondailynews.com/news/ne...-for-tr/nSGkK/

"Public" School where the president makes 7 million a year, has a provided mansion and a million dollar office.

That's where your $135 million a year tuition is going.

Even the lower public schools. Why the big push for more teachers? Kids are getting worse and dumber. You talk about education overseas, maybe we should be like China? 8th grade is an auditorium with 100 kids and a teacher lecturing them. Bet they'd learn more than having 1 teacher to 14 kids playing best friend / surrogate parent.

I'm all for doing thing different and putting some logic into broken processes. "Throw Money at it" is never a solution.

Bitches need to do some Lean Six Sigma training.
Don't get me wrong, I am not against a large military at all. I completely understand the need for a large military, but there is no way that you can say that the amount we spend on it makes any sense. We spend more than the next sixteen countries COMBINED. It makes no sense to spend 1.5 TRILLION dollars over the life of the jet on a plane that performs WORSE than what already exists. There is examples like that all throughout the military because of the way the system is set up. You say yourself that "throw money at is" is never a solution, yet thats exactly what we do with military spending all day long.

http://www.rickety.us/2011/06/2010-d...ng-by-country/

I agree that the higher education system is a mess. Your example of the OSU president makes me sick.

And TMW, I don't think college is a guaranteed right either, but I don't think it should bankrupt a kid with student loan debt right out of the starting gate.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote