View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 06:21 PM   #755
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
I figure I minds well stir the pot since this thread hasn't seen any action lately. Last month while browsing Alibaba I stumbled across some 7x6 LED headlights. They were $45 and promised to be plug and play for the s13 in addition to haveing far superior lighting. Now I knew what I was getting into but I was curious and for $45 I figured I didn't have much to lose. Anyway they came in yesterday and I figured that I would share my findings.

Here is what they look like out of the box (kind of an ugly but most LED lights are IMHO)

I'll admit that I was fairly impressed with the construction of the lights, the lense is thick plastic and the rear is made from cast aluminum. I've seen the quality of some of the castings that come out of China and these are much better then I was expecting.

The plug is the standard for most sealed beam lights. On my set one of the plugs was pinned wrong (high and low beam wires were switched) so I had to re-pin it. Its 3 prongs and the plug was even color coded to the wires so idk how you could fuck it up but they did. Anyway I was fully prepared for something like that so it wasn't a big deal, but it should give a good Idea of the actual quality lol.

Once I got the wiring sorted out I installed them and to my surprise they worked, no dead leds or any nonsense that I was expecting.

Here are what they look like compared to the old lights (you can already see here that these are going to blind any oncoming traffic):

Lowbeam against wall (slightly too close but couldn't I back up any further):

Highbeam against wall:

Lowbeam on road (photo came out pretty shitty):

Highbeam on road:

And installed on the car with the lights off:

Sorry for the long post but I'm seeing these things start to pop up on eBay for $120 and wanted to get some info out there before anyone went out and spent that kind of money on these. People are free to draw their own conclusions from above and I will admit that the light output is better then stock but that said, I won't be running them on my car...
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote