View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 08:05 AM   #80
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
This tells me you are out of touch with reality.

If you couldn't borrow $30k a year, you couldn't go to school. If you can't go to school... Then school either goes out of business or lowers its rate.

http://m.daytondailynews.com/news/ne...-for-tr/nSGkK/

"Public" School where the president makes 7 million a year, has a provided mansion and a million dollar office.

That's where your $135 million a year tuition is going.

Even the lower public schools. Why the big push for more teachers? Kids are getting worse and dumber. You talk about education overseas, maybe we should be like China? 8th grade is an auditorium with 100 kids and a teacher lecturing them. Bet they'd learn more than having 1 teacher to 14 kids playing best friend / surrogate parent.

I'm all for doing thing different and putting some logic into broken processes. "Throw Money at it" is never a solution.

Bitches need to do some Lean Six Sigma training.
I agree with a lot that you have said in this paragraph.

As someone who has no idea on politics, how does one get involved?
How does the common man or anyone whose major is not politics get involved with making our country better?
I dont think that just voting for a president is enough. What about all those other congressmen and other government people we have to vote for?

I am a firm believer in reallocation of public funds as it is not working out really anywhere in our country. Here in Philadelphia we went from 7% sales tax (compared to 6% in the rural areas at that time) to 8% in 2009 or 2010, and now they are proposing 9% sales tax. Our public schools have no money even though they have very high gas, cigarettes, sales tax, property tax, and a bunch of other shit that I don't know about because I don't pay it yet. Somehow we do not have money.

I am a firm believer in the idea of having a higher emphasis on school, especially with the auditorium classroom idea.
I don't learn jack shit when I'm in a class with like 15 other people and the teacher tells us to memorize certain things or spoon feeds us. I have only learned things in great detail when the teacher makes an effort to properly teach and not just mention material in class to say that "this material was covered in class"

I think there is some program/competition where they are trying to redesign high school.

I'm off on a tangent.

There really is no one worthy to vote for. Everyone is such a slimy scumbag its ridiculous. such is politics
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote