View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 09:38 AM   #12
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
e85 starts fine in winter, you need to adjust the additional cranking fuel table and the after start fuel table for that though. Most tuners dont because it is a pain to adjust (you need a cold engine for that ... ) If you have trouble starting, crank it just a little, stop for a couple seconds, then try again (and if needed, a 3rd time). It should do the trick.

Unless you run lean most of the time, fueling is not going to be a problem, the car may lose a bit of power and have bad mileage but i would not worry about it.

Your main problem is going to be timing, and that is going to either make holes in your pistons and/or make your turbo glow bright red, even at partial throttle, even with AFR set correctly. Using 91 with an engine mapped for e85 will make holes. Using e85 with an engine mapped for 91 will make a glowing turbo, basically. (and it will really run like crap, if it even starts). Both are very bad.

MAP as well as MAF compute the mass airflow and acts accordingly, it takes different sensors for that but the way it works is quite similar.

The AFR really should not be all over the place if it was not before considering your mods. You might have a leak at your exhaust (or you had when it was mapped and you don't anymore)
Yeah I was reading into E85 cold starts but I'm still new to tuning. I've programmed PLC's before so have the concept, just need to learn the aem along with tuning.

I ran all this by my tuner and he said to add 5% to my fuel map and go from there but since it's boost comp he would much rather have it dyno'd.

My gauge was fucky when he dyno'd it so he used his own, there's a loose wire in the clip that goes into the gauge itself. I watch my o2 on the AEMtuner and that's where I see 12ish while pulling around .8bar roughly.

I can still use E85 for the time being but I'm going to bring 91 with to the dyno and possibly 110 from our local airport if the funds are there.
I'll pull up aem tuner shortly and post some pictures.

Edit: I'm not going to throw out exhaust leak either, after I get it running I'll give it another check over to make sure all is well.
Thank you all for the help! Greatly appreciated.