View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 08:24 PM   #107
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
it's really do to the lack of dx12 and I believe they limited Fiji/hbm1 to only 4gb. also it came way too late.

AMD’s own illustrations show eight individual HBM cubes stacked on the same interposer as the processor. In Nvidia’s Pascal test vehicle we can also see that there’s still room left even with a large GPU to add at least four more memory cubes. So the area of the interposer is certainly not a technical limitation.

AMD APUs Carrizo APU Stacked MemoryThe technical limitation would have to lie somewhere else. As we’ve discussed above, each 1GB cube of HBM delivers 128GB/S of bandwidth through a 1024bit wide interface. So AMD would need to design Fiji XT with a 8192bit memory interface to leverage the bandwidth of 8 HBM cubes. The issue here believe it or not is that 8GB of HBM equate to 1 Terabyte of bandwidth. And for a GPU like Fiji XT with 4096 stream processors half of that bandwidth would go to waste. So from a logical standpoint it would make no sense for AMD to design a GPU that can’t utilize more than half of the available bandwidth.

http://wccftech.com/fiji-xt-limited-4gb-memory/

same level as the 1tb the rumor bandwidth spec of arctic islands.

but, i'll be doing the same thing. if zen and 400 series blows the competition. then i'll have a new home for it w/ this....

i'll sell my core x9 case. it's just way too big.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote