View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 09:10 PM   #24
laextreme5
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
laextreme5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Got a bit more work done the other night. Borrowed my dads plasma cutter (thing is AWESOME) to start cutting some sheet for the motor mounts. At this point for the mounts thats about all i can do for now until i pick up a welder and a drill press, which should be soon.
untitled (2 of 9) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (1 of 9) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (4 of 9) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (3 of 9) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (5 of 9) by lawrx, on Flickr

Also was able to mount the trans, torque tube and motor all up as one. This allowed me to see about where the diff will sit in relation to how far back the motor will sit. I ran into a bit of a clearance issue, probably have about another inch back the diff could go before the motor sits where i want it. Just have to do some minor trimming on the rear subframe for some more clearance. I also have to grind off the stock corvette shift box mounts to allow the trans axle/ rear diff to be mounted higher as at this current point they are contacting the trans tunnel in the middle. So the rear diff will probably sit .5-.75" higher and 1-1.25" farther back than this. Should have plenty of ground clearance, cooling air space, and hopefully SOMEWHERE to run the exhaust...

untitled (6 of 9) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (7 of 9) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (8 of 9) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (9 of 9) by lawrx, on Flickr