View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 05:49 PM   #10
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruto
i don't understand how people narrow down product choices to 2 or 3 brand/types that are $300-600 apart in price. Its like saying i've narrowed down my power mod choices to APC pulleys, SR swap, and Tomei crate engine, what do you guys think?

what are you looking for in terms of stiffness, comfort, spring rate, how often do you drive street/track. do you have any idea how it feels to drive 6/5, 8/6, or 10/8 on the street? are you willing to sacrifice your ass for performance. does your girlfriend/mom mind if you turn your car into living nightmare?

a lot of people will answer depending on how they themselves drive/mod their car for. Like aaron, he is getting DD because his car is all drift, glutted, slammed, total extreme ghetto dori. 10/8 doesn't matter. He thinks HEs are crap for him cause well, he beats the shit out of his car and HEs can't take the beating. Flex are weak since they're 6/5 spring rate, meant for street, and too damn soft for major drift use. Are you the same way? something that isn't good enough for a crazy mofo may be good enough for you. 6/5 is plenty stiff for someone who isn't all too hardcore and enjoy comfy rides on the freeway. Its called Tein FLEX for a reason. and coilovers around the 1k range aren't all that, but they're the best bang for the buck.

i'm just saying, unless get coilovers for the EXACT purpose of some of these guys, then don't take internet talk as the be all end all decider. and god damn dude, narrow it to a price range before you make your choice. If you are willing to spend enough to buy DDs but want something more comfortable or less stiff or whatever, there are different choices in each price catagory, and all three are in different price catagories.
At the moment i have KYB AGX with ground control coil sleeves, which i find WAY TOO SOFT! Like i said, my ride is street driven but I also use it for shows/drift competitions. I want a coil-over that i will be able to slam my ride to the point where my 17inch rims are tucked in the fenders, and that it will be stiff enough that when i hit a little crack in the road, the shock doesnt bottom out.

This winter i am completely striping the car down to metal from the front seats back. my plan is to put a 4 point roll-cage and make the car a ful drift car but to still have it street legal for those nice sunny afternoons

So from what i have seen out of the replies is that the tein flex are too soft and too weak for drift, and that the tein he's, if they are being hardcore drifted, may seen too soft. which leads me to the tanabe's.

The reason why i wanted input on these specific 3 coil-overs is because i have heard plenty of input on the kts and d2 and....... I was just wondering about these 3 coil-overs because they werent spoken about very much.
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote