View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 04:44 PM   #9
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
So, my stainless manifold will not be wrapped but I think that turbo blanket and wrapped downpipe might still be a good idea.

There is one guy that I respect for his experience (Corky Bell) that advise not to use turbo blankets if turbo longevity and reliability is important.

Does anybody have experience with having blanket on bottom mounted turbos?
Every thing breaks, goes bad it's just a matter of time. Take into consideration how well you take care of it.

If I would beat on my motor every day 7 days a week as a drift car, a lot of shit will start going bad quickly.
If I baby it, it might live 400k miles.

Those defensive heat things you are referring to are great upgrades and can protect your motor lifespan.

Turbo blanket, or ceramic coated exhaust housing are great for cooling, thus they help keep Intake Air temps down.
But it will shorten the life if the turbo just slightly.
I would preffer to have a blown turbo, than a blown engine in my opinion.

What Im trying to say is; it would be better to heat wrap/tape/coat every thing you can with turbo engine.

Stainless steel manifolds crack no matter what! wrap, or no wrap.
Turbo goes bad also with time and abuse.

I hope you get my point.
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote