View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 01:38 PM   #1
98golws6

Trader Rating: (1)
98golws6 is an unknown quantity at this point
IRS 9" Rear End Conversion S & Z Chassis (No More Broke Rear Ends!)

Hey guys/gals,

Wanted to share our build with everyone. Clockwork Motorsports and myself partnered with The Driveshaft Shop (DSS) to bring you a bolt in 9 inch option to your s or z chassis'.

Quick background...I got tired of going to the track and breaking stub shafts left and right. I was wasting money traveling and essentially taking myself out of the competition or ruining a fun track day. I had an upgraded diff, DSS half shafts and DSS driveshaft, but there is not an upgrade for the stub shafts (the small shafts in the side of the R200). I even went as far as having the stub shafts heat treated but to no avail.

After talking with The Driveshaft Shop, we had a game plan. I went back to Clockwork Motorsports to discuss with my crew chief. Being a mechanical engineer, he started drawing up his ideas in 3d CAD. Long story short, we developed a bolt in solution utilizing our modified subframes. We took a DSS 9" IRS Housing and modified it to mount directly to the stock rear subframe mounts. The front support is modified due to how large the 9" is and getting the correct pinion angle. The tubular support is braced to handle the shock and loads thrown at it. The pinion support was drawn up in cad as pictured below. The DSS 9" axle stubs are made of 300M material rate for over 1400hp.

I have ran this exact setup for 1.5 years with no issues making over 800hp/tq. It has seen street use, dragstrip use, sticky tires, track and drift use.

We are finalizing prices for everything, but each case will depend on the parts you want:
9" 3rd member casings style
gear ratio
which level DSS Axles
Steel/carbon/aluminum/chomoly Driveshaft
differential
powdercoated/painted/bare
etc

Message or post with any questions or inquiries.
98golws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links