View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 07:33 PM   #33
EVLS14

Trader Rating: (0)
EVLS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Car show time. The 4 and Rotary nationals were right around the corner so I decided to enter the car for the show and shine as that's all its good for Haha. I was planning to at least have the engine in this time but the parts I wanted to install somehow got sent to another country.

We loaded up the car and headed down to the venue.

She polished up pretty good

Home time

Had some awesome comments about this even though it wasn't complete, a couple of people wanting to purchase it as well Haha

Engine bay time. This part of the car has been sitting un touched for a year now, time to start test fitting parts and install them back in place.

Window wiper motor was dirty so needed a good clean

When installing back the window wiper motor it's quite hard to get the linkage back in place on the motor. An easier way to do this is to remove back the plastic trim around the window wipers, this will give you better access to the linkage to hold in place while you bolt the motor back in place.

Installed

Since this was an automatic body this didn't have the holes drilled for the clutch master cylinder.

I taped up around the area where I could be cutting so protect the paint.

After pulling back the firewall carpet I realized that Nissan had already put marks were it needed to be drilled which was awesome

Excuse the retarded looking hole Haha, it doesn't really matter because it's going to be covered anyway.

The clutch master cylinder was really dirty as well so needed a clean.

Installed:

DEI reflect gold heat tape. I wanted to protect the paint from the exhaust downpipe for obvious reasons so decided to use this gold tape.

Not much to it, just remove the back protective paper and stick it on

Im not really a fan of going overboard with this stuff so I left it here for now. Once the engine is in, I can see how much more I'll need to cover up around the down pipe area

EVLS14 is offline   Reply With Quote