View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 10:32 AM   #10137
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
I rescind my previous statement. I don't know what sort of generous mental trip I was on. I'd feel more comfortable with used oem parts than isis/Godspeed/megan
LOL. This. I literally wouldn't give them jack fucking shit extra for a car because it has those sort of parts. I'm just gonna take them off, sell them as used for next to nothing, and put proper shit on anyway. So go ahead seller, take off your cheap ebay and bottom shelf brand parts and put your worn out OEM parts back on. Those fasteners will have been freshly undone for when I have to go back in and replace them so I'll have an easier time getting them off. Hell, I may not even have to bust out the air impact depending on what fasteners they are.

That's the problem though. These cats expect to get the extra money for their shitty parts AND they don't want to have to remove them to get it.

Even for used quality parts, there's a certain point where I'd rather just spend the extra money to buy it new from a reputable source instead of some random dude online. My policy changes case by case but for most parts $1500 or less, it is typically no more than about 75% of the new value of the part if they're removed from the car, and something less than that if they're still installed. I remember bashing some dipshit a couple years ago because he had a $4000 supercharger kit that had been sitting for a while, for sale for like $200 off and wouldn't budge on the price. He didn't understand why it wasn't moving and I'm pretty sure he still has it as a result. At least it wasn't installed in a car though, haha.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote