View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 08:08 PM   #14
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
From my understanding, standalone ALS system are pretty much none existent. A true antilag has several aspects.

1) You need an exterior air injector source for the manifold. Or, keep the throttle and the overlap of intake and exhaust valves open while on the exhaust stroke. Either way works. But you need a way to control and adjust this.
2) You need a "controller" to inject fuel on the exhaust stroke
3) You need a "brain" to control it all

Now, there are several variations to a ALS system. However, the above rings through for the basics.

I am not sure there are any OTS available ALS system that does not require an ECU to run correctly, in addition to the air supply for the manifold. None of what you listed above applies and works as a true ALS system once in motion.

This is entirely NOT the same as what we refer to in the US as antilag or launch control. It erks me when people use the terms interchangeably as they are not one in the same. In addition, flat foot shift is NOT angilag, but an ignition cut initiated by the clutch engagement (typically with the use of a sensor or potentimeter. Same idea of what Sequential shifted cars use. They use a strain gauge on he gear lever to signal to the ECU when to cut ignition to allow shifting to occur).

The factory Evolutions 4-6 (and possibly the 7, 8 and 9) came from the factory with a fitted ALS system. Look into that if you want more details.

RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote