View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 09:12 AM   #19524
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompang View Post
If I remove the factory hood anti theft switch for a 1995 SE will that prevent my from starting? Replaced Starter and Ignition Switch my car is getting fuel and spark, but is not cranking at all. Turn the key with no noise bypassed clutch safety as well and does nothing. If I take the key out some dash lights stay on in the same area around the check engine and my power windows will still work for some reason.
Are you getting 12 to the starter? Are you getting 12v to the starter signal wire when you key over? First two places I'd check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi802 View Post
Ok, i know that an o2 sensor is supposed to sweep from 0-1 volt in closed loop.

Is it supposed to still sweep regardless of whether the engine is running lean or rich?

Im having a misfire issue at idle and noticed that when it starts missing, the o2 stays pegged at 0 volts. My afr goes full lean as well. Its not a constant misfire either, just a hiccup if you will.
The o2 should always 'sweep' back and forth, regardless of closed or open loop. Now with that said, obviously only in closed loop operation does the ECU utilize the O2 for actual air fuel

With that considered, at idle, the ECU does not utilize o2 sensor, as it's in open loop. Even if warm, at idle, (if the TPS shows off) it doesn't use the o2 for anything.

As far as activity, You should see it swing back and forth pretty actively...it it only swings 5 or 10 times a minute then the o2 is starting to fail, and closed loop operation will suffer.

With all of this considered, you can also run the car in total open loop by disconnecting the o2 sensor. May be worth it just to try something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadeisaboss View Post
I have a question, in my neighborhood there is a lady who has a 280zx and it looks like it is mint condition and it is a 1979, I was just wondering what a good price for that would be.

Thanks
Whatever you want to pay. It's up for the owner to decide if your offer is what they want to sell it for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
I highly doubt anyone swapped the body harness of a 240SX to that of an SR powered car. There's simply no need, unless it was a BARE shell with no wiring at all. How do you know the car has an SR20 harness?
Agreed

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote