View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 08:23 PM   #6090
articzap
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
articzap is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkaleher View Post
Got my 2j running and broken in!!!! Started to tune in some boost on the 6265, super responsive spool!!! Couple ?s for you 2j guys. 1) with the r154 and factory s13 4.08 vlsd i feel like 5th gear at 3k rpm on the hwy is at about 55mph (ugggh no speedo). 2) i have a koyo KA rad, mishi low temp stat, good pusher fans (dont remember flow rate), and my temps when cruisjng down the hwy and beating on it git 215deg!!! This scares me
Let's cover some of the basics. The extra RPM's from the final drive are not helping when it comes to heat generation.

With that said, some general rules of thumb for helping remove heat.

-Switch the fan(s) to pullers. They're about 10-15% more efficient this way.
-Add a shroud around the fan(s) to make the effective fan area higher, again creating more efficiency. Very important to make sure you get the depth of the fan blades correct into the shroud to properly make this work.
-Add an air dam between IC and radiator support. This will drive air up in the radiator. Super effective.
-Run a big ass oil cooler to help pull heat from the engine.
-If all of that fails, raise the back of the hood. This gives the air a place to go, thus dropping engine bay temps and water temps.
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote