View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 04:30 PM   #10968
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
This has been happening quite a bit lately and this trend is quite irritating with this new generation.

The old way:
"Well, I broke (insert part here) so I was doing some research and it looks like I'm gonna have to replace it. I saved up my own money to buy it and this really nice person on the forums lives nearby and offered to come help me when I mentioned I was doing the job. He said he didn't want anything to come help with it but I'll probably get him some beer or slide him some cash anyway, especially since it is something that might be above my skill level if I tried to do it alone. I'm really grateful for the help."

The new way:
"Well, I broke (insert part here) and the world revolves around me so there's no way I'm working extra hours or finding side work to save up for a replacement. I'm gonna hop on the same website to get money that is used by people with terminal illness, victims of crimes, etc. to ask for money for my sports car that I need to get to work because a cheap Corolla is beneath me. I'm also not going to do one iota of research on this process at all. Why should I when I can just hop online and ask someone to walk me through it. While I'm at it, maybe I'll see if I can get one of these people to come over and help me install it (this usually turns into just doing it for them). I'd offer them money or something but why do that when they'll do it for free? Especially since I'd have to do some extra work on my end in order to earn that money that I'd be giving them."
Does anyone remember these?

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=128289
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=11260

Begging for handouts was OK in the olden days as long as you were friends with the moderators or Pink Godzira.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote