View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 03:42 PM   #318
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Civil War was a steaming pile of garbage. Normally I wouldn't be this critical but considering the sheer amount of hate BVS received, this movie deserves to have the same level of critiquing.

SPOILERS

Opening -

Who and What is the guy they are fighting and why? How did that hand grenade not kill Black Widow? Is this some nonsense I missed in the TV series or whatever? Why are they training Scarlet Witch to be a spy? What was so important about that bottle of ooze? Why do we never hear about it again?

Premise -

Why is Tony, who's been portrayed as the paranoid government hating rebel , is now the guy groveling to the World Governments and begging for authoritative over site? Why is Captain America, the by the numbers, never danced with a girl, patriotic do gooder who grew up during American Imperialism an anti-regulation, anti-authority guy?

People died in Africa during a terrorist attack. Who gives a crap? That happens all they time today and you don't see anyone in the UN giving a crap. It's clear that Scarlet Witch was savings +100 people by elevating the blast into the air. Even today the US kills civilians regularly during Terrorist operations... no one cares. So why are these "super heroes" being complete pussies and are unable to say "Hey, this is a bunch of crap... we saved and prevented XYZ..." Where is there massive PR Campaign to get everyone on their side?

People died in the fake Yugoslavian crap hole... guess what, they did several times in the 90's and few people cared. We also created civilian casualties during our interventions there in real life. None of their family have concocted grandiose plots to destroy Bill Clinton.

Is Tony too dumb to realize that while some American kid died, the Avengers saved the planet and shouldn't lose to much sleep over it? Why is the UN not talking Hulk and Tony destroying a city? Why are people not trying to ban Robots or AI (Like in Real Life).

Did the world forget that New York was nearly destroyed by aliens and that the UN or whatever wanted to FUCKING NUKE NEW YORK. Why is Tony not bringing up that those "decision makers" are the ones that nearly wiped out the entire city with a nuclear blast. Or that the last over sight community, SHIELD ended up trying to kill millions of people with Helicarriers?

Also, if the Avengers are not being supported by any government, where is the money coming from? Stark? If Stark doesn't want to be a crime fighter, just cut them off.

Also, why was Vision not in Africa? Why where there not a army of Iron Man Drones? Why does Scarlet Witch need to be watched and locked up? They have not given any indication that she can't control her powers - just that she sided with the bad guys because she was pissed at Tony.

Do the Executives of Federal or Lockheed live in fear of retribution for their products?

Story -

Uh.. what the fuck did I just watch? Some Yugoslavian no-body managed to travel the world, gather all sorts of deep secret Intel, hire terrorist and orchestrate this whole thing so that he could eventually have Iron Man fight Captain America? Why not just murder Pepper?

I would have better enjoyed a story about a deranged DC-Fanboi wanting to destroy the Avengers...

Once again, another paper thin character that no one cares about. Also the big avenger fight... yawn. We all knew no one would die and War Machine would get injured.

Spider Man -

Yeah, yeah, he was funny. But he was also a kid, once again. When are we going to get a SpiderMAN. Also, I find it horrifically ironic. Tony wants to go to war with Captain America because Capt doesn't want to answer to one of the worlds most corrupt and hypocritical government agencies. Tony is upset because he feels he killed some poor kid in the fake Yugoslavia. So to fight Capt he now going to recruit some young gullible kid and thrust him into a super-hero war... yeah, okay.

Conclusion -

So.. Capt and Bucky go to Russia, escaping Tony in a Jet. Tony then arrests the other Avengers, takes them to a water prison, goes to the hospital, finds out Capt was right, goes to the prison, finds out where Capt is going and some how gets there just moments after Capt.

The Fake Yugo Terrorist also somehow had a idea about Tony's parents, knew there would be a VHS of a crime that was committed in the middle of nowhere but right in front of a CVT Camera with a VHS and somehow the Russians gathered and saved the VHS. Captain also knew about all this somehow, likely in one of his long nonsexist talks with Bucky "oh yeah Cap, when I was brainwashed I killed Tony's parents back before you got unfroze".

So...

Once again, no one dies. No real bad guys and a lame story. Also terrible acting. Scarlet can't even figure out what accent to keep. Panther added nothing to the story. Captian decides to bang his ex-girlfriends niece after her funeral.. why? what? ugh...Yeah it had cool action... but you know what was some cool action?

Batfleck kicking the shit out of some bad guys.

Last edited by Corbic; 05-25-2016 at 05:34 PM..
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote