View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 10:20 AM   #11546
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.E View Post
A plastic battery tray in a "race car" is DIW. Even in the factory location the hooks go into a metal battery tray. You can see where the hooks ripped right out of the tabs in the photo. He may not have thought to use a better product, but that's where tech inspections should assist. They should have clear cut rules and IMO plastic battery trays should not be allowed. Had he shown up with that thing in a Taylor aluminum battery box, I can almost guarantee that the battery would have never left the trunk. This is just a lesson learned by the driver and the event staff.

Sent from my iPhone
I mean that's a bit excessive. I've never seen something like that happen and I doubt anyone else has. Battery is a freak accident. If his trunk didn't open no one would have seen it. You don't get teched every tire change so catching loose lug nuts isn't tech's job.