View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 01:19 PM   #875
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Continued: Part 3 "Photo Dump"

It's nice to have companies Want to help you. While doing my alignment...I found that one of my arms had actually been bent since last years ASB. Either when The Mustang Spun and decided to do a burnout giant donut back into the Line..where I was the lead car and couldn't avoid the collision or..when my buddy hit me after a tire Blew out (my Fault Ryan) hahaha.

Megan helped me out with replacement arms!!

Got this Bad ass Measured Funnel from Auto-Zone. It's got all measurements needed. I'm using it for Pre-mix. Comes with a long filler tube or you can use it as pictured below without the tube. Either way... it's really useful! It's even got an on and Off Valve built in. SICK!! Mixing the best Pre-mix there is!! Redline Synthetic Alky Pre-Mix!

Put on a few Extra Stickers... Still Pretty Pumped about the Parntership with GleaseMan! The Billet Series Manifold is still the best Manifold I've seen To date! With Dyno Results and Track time to back it!

Formula Drift Sanctioned Just Drift- Top Drift Pro Am Round 2 "HTM" Horse Thief Mile. ThisIsTheWolf's Maiden Event. Lets see how she does against the Top Pro Am Cars in the World!

Nervous and Excited!!

Set up my Gear inside the trailer so I can reflect!

After a few laps I started getting the feel for her... And Dammmnnnn she's fast!

My Buddy Ray Smith and Eddie Aquilina will be helping me keep the car sorted at events. It's nice to have solid people who know what they're doing..help out! Because I don't necessarily have to tell them what to do to the car. Any Direction I give...is just preferential..and my methods. These guys are SOLID AS!!

Doodling in the dirt

The car feels incredible...and by Lunchtime I was blasting through the course and feeling 100% Confident in the car and Myself for The Event the next day! Qualifying and Battles!!! Props to Shane Hood for the Sick Pic

Saturday Morning started off Great! I had adjusted the Clutch to get the engagement a bit further down in range..so that I could slip it more consistently. I'd initiate at the Bottom of Third..... Slip Third all the way around the Horse Shoe.....Release the Clutch entirely at the end and shoot the Hill. Set my line...and Down shift on the Long slide down the hill..while keeping Revs up and roll into it... Second gear the rest of the Course. Check out the Vid!!

Top Drift Round 2 HTM The Wolf 2016 Semi Peripheral - YouTube

It's nice to have companies Want to help you. While doing my alignment...I found that one of my arms had actually been bent since last years ASB. Either when The Mustang Spun and decided to do a burnout giant donut back into the Line..where I was the lead car and couldn't avoid the collision or..when my buddy hit me after a tire Blew out (my Fault Ryan) hahaha.

Megan helped me out with replacement arms!!

Got this Bad ass Measured Funnel from Auto-Zone. It's got all measurements needed. I'm using it for Pre-mix. Comes with a long filler tube or you can use it as pictured below without the tube. Either way... it's really useful! It's even got an on and Off Valve built in. SICK!! Mixing the best Pre-mix there is!! Redline Synthetic Alky Pre-Mix!

Put on a few Extra Stickers... Still Pretty Pumped about the Parntership with GleaseMan! The Billet Series Manifold is still the best Manifold I've seen To date! With Dyno Results and Track time to back it!

Formula Drift Sanctioned Just Drift- Top Drift Pro Am Round 2 "HTM" Horse Thief Mile. ThisIsTheWolf's Maiden Event. Lets see how she does against the Top Pro Am Cars in the World!

Nervous and Excited!!

Set up my Gear inside the trailer so I can reflect!

After a few laps I started getting the feel for her... And Dammmnnnn she's fast!

My Buddy Ray Smith and Eddie Aquilina will be helping me keep the car sorted at events. It's nice to have solid people who know what they're doing..help out! Because I don't necessarily have to tell them what to do to the car. Any Direction I give...is just preferential..and my methods. These guys are SOLID AS!!

Doodling in the dirt

The car feels incredible...and by Lunchtime I was blasting through the course and feeling 100% Confident in the car and Myself for The Event the next day! Qualifying and Battles!!! Props to Shane Hood for the Sick Pic

Saturday Morning started off Great! I had adjusted the Clutch to get the engagement a bit further down in range..so that I could slip it more consistently. I'd initiate at the Bottom of Third..... Slip Third all the way around the Horse Shoe.....Release the Clutch entirely at the end and shoot the Hill. Set my line...and Down shift on the Long slide down the hill..while keeping Revs up and roll into it... Second gear the rest of the Course. Check out the Vid!!

Top Drift Round 2 HTM The Wolf 2016 Semi Peripheral - YouTube

So in the Video you can hear when the clutch gets HOT and grabs right before shooting the Hill. Well My adjustment changed that... Made it more controllable...but I kind of forgot about it.. My first Lap in Practice before Qualifying I went off track pretty gnarly around the Horse Shoe. I was still feeling pretty good though. But When I initiated on my second lap. ... That Changed Entirely when My Passenger side Wheel started slapping uncontrollably coming down the hill. I thought to myself.. "l can save this... I'll just throw tons of angle and scrub all my speed." But The car in front of me had just dumped Loads of Oil all over the down hill section of the course. Before I knew it.. i was flying down the track blind..with no Control on an Oil covered course. It could've been bad... Reallllll bad. Luckily I missed 2 cars... but I went off course some 20 Yards. The track had Shut down and it took an hour to clean up the mess. My drivers side Knuckle Snapped at the weld. Which Meant My car was Un-driveable.

This was me trying to pretend I was 100% Chilled out and not worried. Thank you to all of these guys for helping get my car back to the pit. None of them had to do a damn thing...but THANK YOU GUYS!

My guys Got the Knuckle off Lightning fast and Eddie Rushed it into town where Dan From GS-Werks was going to weld it up for me! Thanks TO GS werks for jumping on it!! I Really Appreciate it

We got the Knuckle back.. welded and ready to rock.

Again...I can't be thankful enough to have guys who knew what they were doing on the car. They had it all back together.. and not just "Thrown" together..but installed it solid...And Even Aligned before My qualifying session. Thank you Eddie And Ray!! You guys are the SHIT!!

Right before my qualifying session... there were another 2 Oil Spills. And Qualifying started 2 and a half Hours late due to it. It was the longest Top drift event to date. Unfortunately....All of these things took their toll on my mental game... And it broke me. My first Qualifying Lap I spun on Initiation. I hadn't Spun anywhere the entire Event. I was still feeling "Ok".... and so for my Second Qualifying Lap... I was feeling less confident. And right before I was given the "Go" They Let some Media guys exit the course.. which normally wouldn't have nudged me at all.... But I let it. And Now that I think about it.. When I left the Line for my second Qualifying lap.. I knew I wasn't going to do well. I initiated.. and let the revs drop a bit too much in Third around the Horse Shoe... Straightened up.... and that was that. Double Zero. VERY Disappointing and Very Frustrating. I can take it one of two ways... The first...is to dwell on the Failure... the second is to realize that The car was un-driveable... I was able to follow Odi during Practice and he said the Wolf was probably one of the fastest Pro am cars he's followed to date... And we were able to fix the car and get back out on track. The Pressure exposed my biggest weakness..and I guess I can take note...that the weakness is Myself. I've got to work on the mental side of things. To not let such things control the outcome of my Confidence. I've got to remain focused and keep it front and center..no matter what the situation. Lesson Learned.... and Now it's time to work this out!!! I'm on it 100% and I can't wait to get out next to make progress on the matter.

Thanks for the Continued Support!! From all of you guys.... from all my Sponsors, Family And Friends!!

Next Update will be covering Formula Drift Round 3 at Orlando Speed World with Mad Mike and our Crew!

Stay Tuned!!

More Updates soon!!

#ThisIsTheWolf