Thread: Race in America
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 03:16 PM   #5
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Who has ideas on how to change the tide of race relations in America?

Everyone needs to be in the car scene. I made friends with all races by being a part of the car scene, and as far as I could tell, no one gave a flying fuck at a rolling donut whether you were brown or black or white or whatever as long as your car was well-done or you took the time to teach yourself.

How do we change the negative perceptions of our people into positive ones?

Stop being stupid about it. I was thinking about this and the biases against women and LGBT on the drive to work this morning. Who cares if someone doesn't look like you or love who you love? As long as they are a decent person, it shouldn't matter.

What do we do with the implicit biases we ALL have?

Biases are a way of protecting oneself and being wary, but don't be fiznucking stupid about it. Meet new people, people from outside your race. Also, teach people to think, not how to think. Very few people think anymore.

Stop idolizing thugs and imbeciles. Idolize the intelligent, the kind, the loyal.

How do we shape the future of our country?

By looking backward. More freedom, both personal and economic. More respect. More thought. Less reliance on tweets to know a man's inner.

How do we change incarceration trends?

Legalize the vast majority of drugs and remove all possession laws. Make it so that someone who has served their time actually has dignity left- they paid their debt. Most of all- remove profit from the equation. I would say bring back public shaming for theft, but mob mentality hasn't gotten any better in the past couple hundred years.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote