View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 06:36 AM   #15
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
I don't understand the hate for this guy choosing to go with something else besides paint. The technology is there but the service was shit. If it wasn't for the imperfections it would look fine. I wouldn't do it if it was me but I can understand why someone would.
The texture and finish of plasti dip never compares to a properly painted piece. In the off season I'll plasti dip wheels for people and I've done quite a lot. Even my best jobs do not compare to even my mediocre paint jobs.
Why do you think plasti dip is trying to be more and more like paint?
There is a reason they're trying to spray a product more like real clear coat over the plasti dip surface.... And use an HVLP gun now.

Reasons to plasti dip
1. Doing accents because you're not sure if you will like the look and don't want to pony up the cash, after a short period you should know if you like the look, remove the dip, and commit to paint.
2. Lease car you know you're not going to keep but want to add some "flair" to it that you can remove before returning the car.

I'd take wrap over dip, at least wrap is a uniform surface and imperfections are easy to notice upon getting your car back.