View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 09:04 PM   #888
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Update: "On the Move"

Well....seems to be that time again.. on the move once again... But hey.. it's just another stepping stone! Although its a major hassle..and this will be the 4th time I've moved not just my home...but my Garage and car stuff as well... it's just another test. Difficult given the already hectic schedule? Absolutely.. Impossible? pfft... not a chance. Whenever I come across difficult situations these days..I simply tell myself that they're just one of those difficult things that someone else might give up on...and If I don't attack it, conquer it and grow from it even if I don't Conquer it.. I'm not progressing. And at this point... any time I'm not progressing... It's unacceptable..Imo. So Into my new Living situation, and into my new Garage situation I go!! Pumped for the opportunity and VERY happy to have the close friends that I do.

Anyways.. On to the Updates!!

Top Drift Limited was solid. And another Kick in the ass as to where I need to be in terms of Mechanical Maint and up keep on the car. Since I've had such a crazy schedule and VERY limited access to where I had been keeping my car, I havn't been able to spend the time the car needs in order to be properly maintained. Things that I used to do with my eyes closed.. things that I'd normally never think about at the track, were popping up left and right on Saturday. <---This was my nightmare.

So Here's how my Saturday Morning went. First Practice session I go out and realize the car feels..... Not as sharp. My Drivers side Front wheel has a caster "Shimmy" and Is still pulling to the left. This was remnant from my Off track excursion a couple weeks back at Top Drift Pro-Am Round 2 on Horse Thief Mile. I pulled off the track and took a deep breath and told myself I wouldn't go back on track until everything was right. I Pull into the pits and open the hood... I left the car running and while I was staring at the engine grabbed the Throttle body butterfly and gave her a quick whip. Wheeelp that just about did me and and I'm surprised I still Have Eyebrows. The V-band clamp I had to use to get to the dyno.. had failed. It was still holding..but pathetically. I turned the car off and put her up on Jack stands.

Over the next 2 and a half hours I replaced that Garbage V-band clamp off the turbo..with a Genuine Borg Warner Unit. (Thank God for Borg Warner and good ol Pat for Shooting me parts that I knew I'd need to replace). Luckily, I put in the order when I put that crappy V-band on there It was 2 times as bulky as the Borg Warner unit..which kept it from fully seating on each Flange (Turbo/Down Pipe). SOOO as I was taking the Crap V-band off... It of course... Stripped..and Of course.. the threads Gulled up...enabling the nut from coming off the t-bolt clamp. So I had to use a set of Strong Snips to actually cut the damn T-bolt free of the Clamp. No big deal.. Just a reminder of how not to EVER DO THINGS AGAIN. Installed the New Borg Warner unit and Tightened her up nice and snug. It's incredible how well Quality Parts work haha. Then I got under the car and Started measuring fixed points on my Front sub frame to Suspension arms. And realized that my caster was Wayyyyy out on my drivers side. When I hit the pot hole on Horse thief when I went off track... it must've knocked my alignment much further out than I originally thought. This could've also been the reason why I had spun on Initiation as well.. Even earlier on in the day that morning I had been fighting the car just to get it to transition over without spinning.. and despite.. I'd still spun on one of my more comfortable sections of the course.

Although I didn't have all the necessary tools to correctly align the caster in time.. I WAS able to eye-ball it and also get the Toe set to where I wanted. Went back and forth until the car drove straight. It felt night and day different. I got back out on track after Lunch for 2 Laps to test the alignment and finish off a set of tires, came in... turned the car off, swapped tires and went to turn the car on again and.....Click...click... no start. I figured the car was just hot. And although she usually fires right now.. I got a push and she fired up immediately. Got out on track and came straight back off as my dash warning lights where blinking non-stop. Battery voltage was at 9.2 Volts. Even Revving the car to 4K the Voltage wouldn't budge higher than 9.3. Luckily I had set up my Spare parts wall, and put a spare of damn near everything I had a spare of...including another Alternator. Swapped the Alternator in 20 Min and started the car up.. BAM 14.2 Volts. Hell yea... got back out on track and was able to throw down a few Solid Laps.

Here she was after all the late maint and new alignment
https://youtu.be/kZjMq66CgXk

and Here is an In Cabin View!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2fBLakclL8

Ayyyyyy......... Not too bad when she gets the attention she deserves right? With that said.... I've vowed to make sure that I complete my checklist before I take the car out from now on. There are things that I may need to prioritize...but I know with this new Garage set up..and living situation there will be no reason why I won't be able to make sure the Wolf is in Tip Top shape EVERY time she see's the track!

Coming up next is Comp Day!!

Updates ASAP.. But if i don't get back to update before tomorrow Night.. I'll be Driving out at Willow Springs tomorrow night for an 805 Drift day... It's a night event... from 3 to 10 PM. Come on out and watch the Wolf Spit Flames!!

More Updates Soon!

Stay Tuned!!

#ThisistheWolf