View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 11:15 AM   #117
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
It's been a while, and my car's still not on the road. So, this past week I was on vacation and decided to put some work into it. I couple months ago I decided to replace my 4 bolt outlet, .63 a/r turbine housing with a v-band, .82 a/r one. This meant modifying my downpipe, but instead I decided to re-do it all. At the same time, I decided to re-locate my engine by re-doing the engine and transmission brackets, so, im basically going back to zero....

New transmission and crossmember sandblasted and ready for paint. For these, I used new material. I went with a thinner gauge to reduce some weight. I also used a new (to me) engine crossmember, mostly to save all the cutting and grinding work. New downpipe was also sand blasted and painted high temperature flat black using vht paint. Not sure if it will last, but I have decided not to use exhaust wrap on it any more. The old downpipe (which I re-used some pieces from) had already started rusting under the exhaust wrap, and it had only been almost a year, so yeah, I think I'll stay away from it from now on.

I also bit the bullet and bought a new wiring specialties harness.
Also, I have decided to have a professional install my alarm system. I have come to realize my electrical/wiring skills still need some work haha. That plus I am missing my car more than ever. So, hopefully I'll be putting things back together later on.
I cant wait to be on the road again.
feito is offline   Reply With Quote