View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 08:14 AM   #12
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
The springs you chose aren't exactly ideal for high rpm VVL, what cams and rev limit are you looking for? We usually recommend 123lbs dual Supertechs on any VVL turbo build we do.
I think you're confusing the P11 head (which is what you guys at Mazworx seem to use) with my P12 head. The P12 valve stems are 0.5mm thinner than DET/P11's 6mm stems, so I can't use the dual spring retainers you're talking about without having retainers custom made. Supertech doesn't make P12 retainers, single or dual. Unless Honda B series engines happen to have the same spring size, they're also 5.5mm stem valves. On your own listing for Supertech springs it says: "This valvetrain kit is for the SR20VE heads except the 20V" I have the 20v (P12).

Besides, I had the 123lb dual springs on my DET and they were way too rough on my head. So much pressure, they'd chew through shims and I shattered two rocker arms too. I don't want to deal with that again.

My goal is 9k and these springs will get me there with my SR16VE N1 cams.
Redline on the stock SR16VE N1 is 8600rpm, and these springs are like 30% stiffer. Also, P12 valves are lighter than P11 valves, meaning I don't need as much spring pressure to hit the same rpm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Do they not offer aftermarket springs specific for p12?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, everything is listed as either DET or P11 VE, no love for the P12 since that's a rarer swap. Thankfully DET springs work.