View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 09:59 AM   #275
justinbyrant
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
justinbyrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYS13SLIDER View Post
Hey guys I'm in need of major help as I'm trying to finish my car but this has been a major hurdle for me in regards to the wiring,....so here is my problem, I have a '90 hatch that was originally a SOHC automatic car that was then swapped by the previous owner with a red top sr20det and converted to manual with the 5 speed trans that came with the sr20. The wiring (sr20 engine harness,main engine bay harness including the two fuse boxes and under dash/body harness) was really butchered and I'm not comfortable with it. I am rebuilding the engine now and want a good working harness. I don't want all my hard work to go up into a ball of flames because of a butchered harness. I also want to tuck the harness and relocate the fuse boxes into the dash/glove box area as I have tubed the front of my car to make room for more angle up front. I recently purchased a 5 speed dual overhead cam harness (main engine bay harness that includes the two fuse boxes) from a forum member on here that said he used it in his '89 Sohc hatch and it worked perfectly. His hatch was originally a 5 speed car. Mine was originally an auto and our interior body harnesses are different. so my question is will this 5 speed harness plug into the multijunction plug end of my body harness and work? The body harness end of the multi junction plug has more pins and wires than the plug side of the 5speed dohc engine bay harness as the auto harness has many more sensors,relays etc In order To control the transmission. The two ends of the multi junction plugs do plug into each other with no problem. The big question is will everything function properly and will any wiring etc. that's on the factory automatic body side harness that was used for the automatic transmission just be there and not affect anything on my now sr20det 5 speed swapped car? Obviously I'm going to have to wire the factory sr20det engine harness into the "new" dohc engine bay harness but I know that's not a big deal. Thank you for any help, much appreciated. Please help me finish this and get my car back on the road.
anyone here more knowledgeable than me correct me if im wrong but the s13 auto and manual external bay harnesses are the same? just the factory manual cars come with plugs in the automatic sensor plugs, either way I don't see any issue with running the harness, grounds and major power sources should all be pinned the same and go to the same place on all the different harnesses, you may have one or 2 things that don't work properly but the car wont burn down or anything
justinbyrant is offline   Reply With Quote