View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 01:15 PM   #8
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Gktech z33 shifter with a Autotech Motoring sr to vq plate (bellhousing machined down .500in)

last week i did a sr to vq swap with the Autotech plate i had laying around on my friend s14 .

here are the spec i took of the transmission and engin to calculate the air gap that was needed in between is clutch and bearing

target was .300in !!! (I know on my paper i used .200 ! i though it was the same spec as an internal release bearing like on our formula d drift car... i was abit off . .300 is perfect)

we had to put a spacer or .400in inbetween the bearing and the carrier ... but from doing this the carrier we had wasnt long enought and the bearing had no more surface to seat properly .

to correct this situation we took the z33 carrier welded it back to back to our sr 24mm carrier ... cut away the portion where the fork attaches .

it looked like this

we machined everithing back to spec :
- outside diam. 40mm
- Inside diam. we left the sr carrier section un-toutch but the z33 portion we welded on had to be machined just abit loosser (from the weld line to the extremity) . that way it wasnt grabing on the shaft where it slides

slip on spacer was .400in thick (inner diam. 40.10mm) ... that way it can slip on without pressing it in for mantenance or to changed the set-up later on .

Then re-installed the bearing

Final air gap 0.290in perfect clutch engagement

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574

Last edited by rbs14kouki; 10-05-2016 at 09:57 PM..
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote