Thread: Chase Bays
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 03:04 AM   #296
drfftn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
drfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_ View Post
I took a chance on their brake line relocation kit. Expensive for what it is, and not nearly long enough to fit in the way they show in their video, routing under the car. Not a big deal, I just routed it where the hardlines were. If the lines don't leak etc, I'll be a happy customer.
From what I've read on ps fittings is that no one makes them long enough to create a seal like the oem hard PS line does. Compare the OE and chase fittings and see how they compare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k00laid83 View Post
I have their brake booster delete and that turned out ok. The only issue I have is with their Power Steering Kit. Since day one it has not stopped leaking at the rack. They've sent me fittings but it's the same exact fittings that were originally provided. My next option is to buy a different fitting from Summit Racing and then weld up my own high pressure ps fitting using the oem piece. I'll never buy anything else from Chase Bays.

You're correct, the lines arn't long enough to route like the video suggest. I did what you did also and routed them in the stock location also.

I purchased the 300zx front and rear lines also and they failed to send me all the fittings i required. I did a lot of emailing back and forth to get the missing fitting.
drfftn is offline   Reply With Quote