View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 08:10 AM   #424
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
Which is exactly why I've been studying my ass off for a certification that could double my yearly income. Take it Monday. Pass it, and I could have a new job before the end of the year.

My wife works for one of the worlds largest consulting firms. She was making k money for a while, applied for a real estate consulting roll that would double her salary. But they told her company policy was consultants have to have a BA and she only had an Associates.

Instead of pissing and moaning about it, she went back to school and got it. We also had our second child at that time. Less than 2 years later they moved her up and doubled her salary. She's amazing at her career and less than 2 years later her salary doubled again. Less than 2 years after that her income doubled again and she's in Management. Oh AND we had another kid. She's anticipating in less than 2 years she'll be in the companies second to highest level. She meets with CEOs and CFOs of some of the biggest companies in the world and gets them to follow her plans. It's nothing short of fucking amazing.

It not about where you grew up, how you grew up, what type of genitalia you have or the color of your skin. Life is what you make it. Some people get it handed to them and others have to work their ass off for it. But you CAN work for it in America.