View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 11:34 AM   #11
Farkel
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
Farkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Farkel
No you didn't. The fact that you're able to convince yourself that you did shows your lack of comprehension to what I'm asking. And before I even begin - STOP talking to me about the damn Nankang NS-20s.

I am asking for people's first hand experiences with high performance tires and what their sidewalls are like. Meaning tires with treadwears of around 200 or below. To put it as simply as possible, I want to know if a tire runs wide or not and what their actual cross section width is like in application. I can use this information to extrapolate whether or not it will fit my specific criteria for stretching.

I don't want your opinion on stretching versus not stretching high performance tires. I want to know if you personally mounted tires in my list and criteria. That's it. And NO, that does not include Nankang NS-20s.

If you want to throw that "only on Zilvia" card at me, I can use it to. I asked this exact same question on another forum and received helpful guidance already. I ask this question here, and I get condescending analogies to condoms and some try-hard idiot asking me about vaping.

Let me personally frame an example response that is more appropriate, because this subject is apparently so difficult to grasp.

Here are my 265/35 Advan A048s mounted on my 18x10" Advan GTs.

You can see that those tires run noticeably fat and the sidewalls are rounded.

This is what they look like mounted on a car for another angle.

I'll give you one more. This is what my old 255/40 Hankook RS-3s look like mounted on 17x10" RegaMasters.

You can see that they're relatively narrow versus other 255s in that segment.