View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 04:51 PM   #223
JustCallMeTakumi
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
JustCallMeTakumi is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had the Bn rep front bumper from Vis for a while now. Fitment was good, but not great. It's a little wider on one side where it lines up with the fender, but also I have oem fenders and one side got in a crash. I pulled and hammered the fender back to stock and it actually looks like it wasn't in a crash besides for one dent above the wheel but I believe that is why it looks to be wider in that area. Where it wraps around the fenders is good on both sides. I haven't trimmed it at all or heated it up, but if I did around that area I believe that it would be perfect fitment.

I also had an AIT uras rep rear bumper that was terrible and I would have snapped the bumper if I even tried to make it fit around the quarter panels. It would have required a ton of work to look half ass so I sold it. I don't think the person that bought it ever even took the time to try making it work.

Right now I have another uras rep bumper or could be a origin aggressive, but I'm not sure who makes it. I was told it was vis, but vis comes with black gel like duraflex and this one is white. Might even be authentic, I'm not really sure, but it fits 95% perfect with no cutting or heat and is brand new. I am selling it because I was told it was a bn and bought it at night so I was disappointed to find out it was another uras so I'm selling it, but I was very pleased with the quality. It is super stiff though so I think I would crack it VERY quickly without some heat treatment to loosen it up.

My sideskirts are also unknown and were white gel originally, they are bn rep and are super thin and flimsy, but very flexible because of it and the fitment is ok. They crack very easily but needed no heat or trimming at all to make fit good.

Currently in the market for a bn rep rear bumper for a hatch and have been reading this thread for a year or so. I don't want to spend much because it is only temporary and to match the rest of my kit so I was looking at vis which I have had a decent experience with or duraflex which I only hear bad things about, but my friend's bumper from them fits pretty damn good. I will be buying the real bn kit in the upcoming year, but I need a bumper to throw on to match for now and was wondering if there are any recent experiences with Vis and ED from their Bn mold???
JustCallMeTakumi is offline   Reply With Quote