View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 08:48 AM   #55
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by inopsey View Post
pfc has one starting/warmup map if i remember correctly, 'cranking fuel'. haltech has several staring/warmup maps. starting the car and warming up the car are imho critical mapping parameters for a reliable oem-like setup. this is just one of the limitations of the pfc.
Oh I completely agree, for the first 3-4 minutes after I start my wildly cammed PFC sr20 car, I need to keep my foot on the gas to keep the RPM slightly higher than it would otherwise be, for peace of mind of course (oil pressure related concerns). This is the only notable drawback to the Power FC that I am aware of (idle speed fluctuations which require elegant solutions).

This is such a small price to pay, I bear it no mind. It isn't worth jumping to a $2000 computer over this 3-4 minutes of holding the gas pedal slightly each morning. If you can't handle that, you shouldn't be driving a wildly modified vehicle.

Furthermore, it isn't the power FC's fault. The Sr20 specifically has a coolant regulated airpath for cold-start situations that is probably adjustable (I haven't gave enough shits to try yet). On my father's car we installed a ball-valve to help with this issue. You could also do any number of other things, i.e. solenoid on a timer, or a switch, or even a vacuum line run into the car you can quickly plug once the engine warms a bit. Again, not a $2000 problem.