View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 02:40 PM   #89
ADIDASilvias
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
If the goal is protect the turbo, then you want the bypass as close as you can get to the compressor wheel. Some turbos now come with them integrated to the compressor housing.
The fewer quantity of air molecules between the wheel and the bypass the faster a similar diameter hole will be able to evacuate the plumbing and reduce pressure.
Interesting. My reasoning behind running it cold side was based on the back pressure of the throttle body butterfly valve suddenly closing and causing the pressure wave. So if I located it close to the throttle body it would catch the back pressure wave as early as possible, thereby mitigating the effects. The Synapse DV transient response is super fast so I thought I could get away with a VTA since the pressure spike would be taken care of almost immediately and the valve closed quick enough to retain sufficient pressure in the IC and piping.
ADIDASilvias is offline   Reply With Quote