Thread: Ka24det FAQ
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 05:50 AM   #288
Aftermarke7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Aftermarke7 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an obd1 95 Nissan 240sx with a stock ka24de installed. No wideband as of yet, just the 02 sensor. (Wanted to learn the basics before adding the turbo system)

AEM CAS Trigger disk installed.

Here's the deal, I'm using the calibration file that matches the number that's on the sticker on the EMS.
The car barley starts and runs VERY VERY rich, won't rev smooth ,and by that I mean it studders while revving sometimes, other times it rev's a little better but still not as good as stock. If left idling it will idle low, around 500-700 rpms and will randomly stall out maybe in 1 minutes or 30 seconds. Its random.

If i rev, black smoke. If I hold my hand in front of the exhaust, its covered in black soot particles in seconds.

Obviously there is way to much fuel. However on the base map shouldn't this run the car somewhat normally?

I have plugged the stock ecu back into the car and it runs 100% stock.

All sensors are connected, Stock MAF, Stock TPS,, Stock CTS, Stock 02,.. etc

Is it because the aem needs a wideband and the 02 sensor voltage is throwing it off?

I can't set timing on the aem to the car because it won't stay running long enough with the base map. I have tried ALL the relative stock calibrations for this car, only one starts it.

I also have tried this with the aem ems throttle position settings synced to the car and the way the base map came.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!

Really looking forward to your response.

Thank you.
Aftermarke7 is offline   Reply With Quote