View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 02:17 AM   #1
s14pipe

Trader Rating: (0)
s14pipe is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation E85 help!!! (injectors)

Hello,

I just recently switched my s14 sr20 to E85 running FiveO 750cc side feed injectors which were about two years old. I ran the car to the point the tank was almost empty before the ecu tune and then filled the tank with E85 i had ready in some jugs. After running the car for maybe 5 minutes the first injector was fatally stuck up open and couldn't be saved by servicing. I purchased a new injector believing it was just an isolated case but two days later (only half a tank later since initial fill up) same story with another injector, wide stuck open and no repair was possible.

There is no evidence of any kind of debris in the fuel filter or in the external filter these side feed injectors have. All rubber fuel lines were replaced two months ago and there is also no evidence of any black goo some people develop in their engines.

My question is could debris caused by first E85 tank be traveling past the filters (new cellulose 10 micron) all the way up to the injectors? or could it just be deposits being loosened up from the injector's internals?

At this point i dont know if the problem is caused by E85 loosening up deposits or JECS injectors being very sensitive to rust. Can anybody shed some light? I dont want to replace two more injectors believing the problem was the injectors themselves to have them stuck again. Both times i sent the stuck injectors for service the shop said nothing about a bad coil.

Additionally, the new injectors i received from Five O have four holes in the bottom versus a single pin type aperture the old ones have, are older pin type injectors more sensitive to clogging?

Thank you.
s14pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links