View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 12:18 PM   #8921
ADIDASilvias
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
Terrible pic, but my brother made this digital speedo for my HUD cluster using an arduino and uses GPS. I'll be picking up the stuff to make a second one and editing the code to mirror the letters so the the HUD also works. The cool thing about this is that when I want to I will be able to add water temp and oil temp/pressure to it. It uses C language so it's really easy to setup.

Nice work on that. Hopefully in the next few months I will be able to add my dash into the mix. I am using an Arduino (haven't decided which, most likely a Mega, but considering the Due as well) with at least a single 7" touch enabled screen and a smaller screen or possibly 2 depending on how much room I have left on the dash. I'll be using an Arduino Shield and the CANBUS signals from my Link GTTLink to display realtime data on the dash for everything. My thoughts are that I can display all relevant information on the dash at one time, with the option to switch the smaller screens at the touch of a digital button and display ancillary systems on the fly.

The screens are industrial units with logic chips embedded to handle the display output, so they will handle the extreme temps of the interior without blacking out like a tablet or laptop will in the middle of summer.
ADIDASilvias is offline   Reply With Quote