View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 05:18 PM   #56
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzS13 View Post
I would just 5 speed swap it and run the KA24E until it died. But maybe prep an SR along the way :P
This guy has the right idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlieberman240 View Post
Leave it alone. Preserve it as best you can. No point in hacking up a perfectly mint car. Only way I'd be taking that engine out and putting an SR in it, is if it was a brand new long block... and even then, I'd wait.

Leave it be. Keep it in the garage and keep it mint. If you want something to put an SR, go buy another one that has a busted motor in it that's on its last leg and swap that.
...but there is also a point to be made here. The KA24E won't be magically awesome with a manual transmission. I just bought a CA18DE two-tone Q's out here and it's factory manual. While it's less boring than an auto it just barely keeps me awake.

I'm normally an asshole on this forum. I've been PM'd many times telling me so. I take pride in it and although you don't know me please trust me (a stranger) when I say that there is some good advice in here. Most new dudes posting threads like this get ripped new assholes.

Preserve it. If you want to 5speed swap it then do it. It's your money. If you want to put a motor in it, swap in an SR or even a low-mileage KA24DE. just please, for the love of the universe and everything in it, don't ruin another two-tone.

You seem like a nice guy. You've got a forum-asshole's vote of confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan2nr22 View Post
Owned cas, junk.
Stop suggesting cas, ca was cool like 10 years ago
...dude you sold that car so fucking fast lol. 'fuckouttahere. I mean you're right, but...shit.