View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 07:14 AM   #1
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Type-X Build

Less talking, more pictures, I know.

Long time member, back for another build. Went to Japan, this past November, and it completely changed my views on how I want to build my cars; simple.

Here's a video from Touge Course at Ebisu Circuit;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKDNRNocq9A

Came back from Japan, booked the next trip in April, and then went on a hunt for a 180SX shell. Took a while, but stumbled on one in NYC. My only requirements were; no rust, caged, no tubular front end etc.

Found one! Tossed back some Real Gold and headed to NYC.

It was a good starting point, but a few things had to go. The kit was sold instantly, as well as the Seibon hood. The hunt began for Type X aero.

Fast forward a week or so, and I stripped down the front end, thoroughly cleaned the bay, quick scratch sand, and primed it. Then I had to decide what color to go.

In between paint and primer, I sourced a set of Bride Zeta II's. One happened to be a little more special than the other.

My father came down for the weekend, and helped me setup a temporary paint booth. Having multiple projects going on at once, I didn't want to risk getting overspray on anything else. This took no time, and highly recommend it.

The more and more I searched, and it came down to one color. Toyota Tacoma Silver Streak Mica. One base coat down.

This was my first time spraying anything, and I researched a lot about gun/compressor/regulator setup. If you need any help, just PM me, it's easier than you think!

Two/three coats down.

And time for some clear! I love the depth of this color.

Last edited by 240sx_sr20det; 04-03-2017 at 08:21 PM..
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links